What sorts of things do I help clients with?
In our team practice, we help people with lots of important questions. Here is a top 10 list of the most common questions our clients ask us:
1. How can I protect against outliving my money?
2. When can I draw on Social Security?
3. How do Medicare and healthcare costs factor into my retirement budget?
4. What are some conservative alternatives to low interest rate investments?
5. Should I pay off my mortgage?
6. Should I change my asset allocation in retirement?
7. How will taxes affect my retirement?
8. How will I pay for extended care if I need it?
9. How can I leave a legacy for my family and organizations I care about?
10. Will inflation affect my retirement?
If any of these or other questions are keeping you up at night, let's connect and discover your personal financial clarity.
How do we work with clients?
We've created a process that allows you to determine if we would be a good fit.
Step 1: Connect – You do not need to bring anything to our first meeting – the goal of this meeting is to ensure that we understand your financial goals and concerns, and that you understand who we are and how we work with our clients. This is conducted either via Zoom call or in-person at my Champaign office.
Step 2: Discovery – I would never want to give recommendations unless I know where you are starting from, so this is where we look at your financial position. To help with this, I will provide you a checklist of documents to bring with you to be efficient with our time together.
Step 3: Analysis – This is where, I believe, being part of the East -Central Illinois Group starts to really set us apart. With our team, we review and dive deep into the information to help answer the questions that are important to you.
Step 4: Delivery – At this point, we will review the solutions we have for your questions and we will lay out a path forward to allow you to decide the nature of our relationship. We find that meeting at least annually to review after we go through the initial process is as important as the process we start with, so we plan to see you at least once a year to stay current with you and your goals.
Ready to see if we can help?
I have made it easy to get started in this journey together - just click on "Schedule an Appointment' at the top of this page to book a time to connect.