About Tim Zauche
Specializing in legacy planning and tax planning, I will work with you to customize financial strategies that reflect your goals and values. I am passionate about empowering people to live a life with an overflowing cup. This can include saving for retirement, pursuing their financial dreams, and transitioning small business ownership. No matter what your financial goals are, we will build a plan around the things that you care about.
I am the youngest of 4 children raised on a beef farm in Dubuque County, Iowa and have tried to instill that work ethic into my own children. I now have 4 children and 3 grandchildren of my own. Thankfully, in 1995, I sold Geri on the idea of being married to me. I am working for Thrivent to combine my faith and work life. I was a college professor for 18 years in renewable energy and chemistry. I still educate people today; I just do it around how to maximize working towards their goals and how to be as efficient as possible with your taxes. I also help people protect themselves against setbacks in working towards those goals with personal insurance. This could be disability, life, long term care or Medicare supplement insurance. How often have people asked me “how much do I need to retire” or “how much life insurance do I need”? I love working with people and giving financial guidance to answer these questions.
My family and I love living in Wisconsin and enjoy supporting philanthropic causes. I understand that life is about those things that bring you joy and doing more with what you have. In my free time, I enjoy gardening, reading, spending time with the grandkids, volleyball, and cutting firewood at home and at camp. I volunteer with Family Promise of Grant County, Sugar Creek Bible Camp, Sleep in Heavenly Peace, Clarity Clinic, Ruby’s Pantry, Family Advocates, and 100 Men Who Care of Dubuque.
Living Generously in the Tri State Area:
- Lutheran Church of Peace, Platteville
- Family Promise of Grant County, Board member
- Clarity Clinic
- Badger Camp
- Sleep in Heavenly Piece
- Sugar Creek Bible Camp: Board member
- Friend of Platteville Optimist Club.
- Ruby’s Pantry
- Family Advocates
- Platteville Regional Chamber Member
- Thrivent Action Teams
- American Red Cross
- 100 Men Who Care of Dubuque
Education & Accomplishments:
- Life & Health Insurance Licenses
- Retirement Income Certified Professional (RICP)
- FINRA Series 7 General Securities Representative Examination
- FINRA Series 66 Uniform Combined State Law Examination
- Grant County Cattlemen Member
- PhD, Inorganic Chemistry, Iowa State Univ.
- Bachelor's of Science, Chemistry, Univ. of Northern Iowa
- Academic Advisor of the Year Award 2013-14