About Josh Wikstrom
Growing up I was taught to respect others, do the right thing, work hard and save my money. As I got older, I learned about perseverance and faith, which allowed me to navigate a career path that ultimately led to Thrivent. After graduating from college and working as a Mechanical Engineer for about 7 years, I realized something was missing, a void if you will. I had a great job with great benefits but didn't have an opportunity to impact individuals and families. During my time as an engineer I spent my spare time learning finance and I quickly became go-to person in the office for any questions regarding finances. I met a new friend who worked for Thrivent and fell in love with the idea of working in this field. After a few conversations, I realized the important decision I had to make and the direction I needed to take. I am grateful and excited to help guide my clients and serve them to the best of my ability. Outside of my busy career, I enjoy spending time playing guitar at church, golf, playing basketball, riding dirt bikes, mountain bikes, and snowmobiles, and spending time with friends and family.
Giving Back and Living Generously
- Crossroads Church, Woodbury, MN
- Fellowship of Christian Athletes Motocross
- Volunteer, Thrivent Action Teams
- Supporter of My Mountain Worship- Twin Cities Area, MN
Education and Accomplishments
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering from North Dakota State University
- FINRA Series 7 General Securities Representative
- FINRA Series 66 Uniform Combined State Law
- Life & Health Insurance Licenses
- Having the opportunity to marry the beautiful woman in the photo and together having a wonderful baby boy that keeps us busy!