About Gaylon Heetland
Born from my desire to provide personalized financial guidance for all of life's moments, I founded my practice on June 28, 1995, in DeWitt, Iowa. I have enjoyed growing Mississippi Valley Associates to multiple locations with a team of amazing, caring professionals who help Christians be wise with money. Along with my wife, Rose, I live on the southwest side of Cedar Rapids, next door to the house where Rose grew up. Blessed to raise my family in America's heartland, it is a privilege apply my knowledge, experience, and expertise to serve the unique needs of my clients.
Giving back and living generously are at the heart of my core values that spring from my faith. It has been a joy to guide Mississippi Valley Associates in organizing community outreach events where our Thrivent members and many other volunteers have joined us in many avenues of service. In 2016, our practice became a "Thrivent Community - Mississippi Valley." Since then, we have partnered with a team of volunteer leaders to organize and sponsor over forty community service projects, including Take Away Hunger meal packaging for food banks and disaster relief, Special Olympics events, DeWitt Referral Center Christmas boxes, HACAP Operation Backpack, Project of Hope Wells for Ghana, and homeless veterans projects in partnership with the Willis Dady Homeless Shelter and Veterans Stand Down, to name a few.
I'm here to provide financial guidance that matches how you live and what you believe so you can experience a life rich in meaning and gratitude. Believing that humanity thrives when individuals make the most of all they've been given, I'm here to help you do just that.
I specialize in the following areas:
- Solutions for businesses
- Retirement income planning
- Income tax planning
- Estate planning
I support these charities and causes:
- Special Olympics
- Take Away Hunger-Cedar Rapids
- Eastern Iowa Liberian Association, Inc.
- Cleveland Area Neighborhood Association
- BFA™ (Behavioral Financial Advisor™), a designation granted by Kaplan Financial Education
- CAP® (Chartered Advisor in Philanthropy®), a designation granted by the American College, Bryn Mawr, PA
- CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™, Professional, a designation granted by CFP® Board, Washington, D.C.
- Certified Kingdom Advisor® designation
- CASL® (Chartered Advisor for Senior Living®), a designation granted by The American College of Financial Services®
- ChFC® (Chartered Financial Consultant®), a designation granted by The American College of Financial Services
- CLU® (Chartered Life Underwriter®), a designation granted by The American College of Financial Services
- LUTCF® (Life Underwriter Training Council Fellow SM®), a designation jointly granted by The College for Financial Planning® a Kaplan Company and the National Association of Insurance and Financial Advisors (NAIFA)
- FIC (Fraternal Insurance Counselor), a designation granted by the Fraternal Field Managers Association
Education and Experience
- FINRA Series 63 Uniform Securities Agent State Law Exam
- FINRA Series 7 General Securities Representative
- FINRA Series 65 Uniform Investment Advisor
- Life & Health Insurance License in IA, AZ, IL, CO, WI, MI, MO, MN, NE, NY, OH, OK, SC, TN, TX, WA, FL
- Thrivent Financial Representative since 1995
- Alumnus of Coe College, Cedar Rapids, IA