About Dustin Miller
I am a father of two beautiful kids, Jade (12) and Jordan (9). I stay busy coaching my son in Soccer and Baseball, being a dance dad for my daughter, volunteering for a number of organizations, and going to the gym 5 days a week. I live in the small town of Waterman, IL where relationships mean everything. I carry this over to my practice at Thrivent and build strong relationships with my clients. I love getting to know my clients and their story. I believe having great relationships with my clients is incredibly important so I can put them in the best position for success.
Non Profit Organizations, Small Businesses, Business Owners, Medical professionals, Fire Fighters, Teachers and Business Professionals make up a high percentage of my clients. Although these seem to be the majority, I have clients from all walks of life and careers.
Before I came to Thrivent, I spent 17 years in various roles of Purchasing at three different companies, two of which are on the Fortune 500.
I am extremely active within my community in a number of ways, including: Trustee for the Waterman Fire Department, On the BOD for Warrior Valley Baseball, volunteer for Pregnancy Information Center, member of the Dekalb Chamber of Commerce, active member/volunteer for Bethany Road Bible Church in Dekalb, and I'm a volunteer coach for AYSO, HBR Youth Soccer League and Waterman Summer Rec Baseball.
Living Generously - Organizations I actively volunteer for or support
- Waterman Summer Rec (Volunteer Coach) - Waterman, IL
- Warrior Valley Baseball - Sandwich, IL
- Bethany Road Bible Church - Dekalb, IL
- Calvary Lutheran Church - Lee, IL
- Crossroads Christian Youth Center – Big Rock, IL
- HBRYSL (Volunteer Coach) - Hinckley/Big Rock, IL
- Pregnancy Information Center – Aurora, IL
- Waterman Fire Department - Waterman, IL
- We Care Pregnancy - Dekalb, IL
Education & Accomplishments
- Life and Health Insurance Certification
- FINRA Series 63 Uniform Securities Agent State Law Exam
- FINRA Series 6 Investment Company/Variable Products Limited Representative
- Associates of Science in Business – Waubonsee Community College, 2004
- Bachelor of Science in Business Management – North Central College, 2008