About Michele Traver
I am a Thrivent financial advisor with expertise in retirement income planning, insurance, and divorce financial guidance. With appreciation for the unique journey and needs of each client, I enjoy helping them discover how to successfully implement steps to meet their goals. Having worked in the financial industry since 2013, I have discovered that meeting with my clients is what I love best.
My vocation is about more than money; it is about building relationships. I understand that what people value most is family, friends, faith, and the moments invested in those relationships. Expanding my knowledge base and education is very important to me. My specialized training has included certification in extended care planning and retirement income planning, and I hold the Certified Divorce Financial Analyst designation.
Whatever your financial goals are, I understand that they are unique and personal to you. I commit to helping you build a financial strategy that incorporates your values and priorities, and I appreciate the opportunity to partner with you on your financial journey.
I have been married to Marty since 1990. We have three children and two grandsons.
I specialize in the following areas:
- Divorce financial analysis
- Retirement income planning
- Life insurance
- Extended Care Planning
- Estate strategies
- Education funding strategies
- Project of Hope – Wells for Ghana
- Take Away Hunger
- Truth Singers of Kaczinski Ministries
- Habitat for Humanity
- Referral Center of DeWitt
- Right to Life
- Humane Society
- CDFA® (Certified Divorce Financial Analyst®), a designation granted by the Institute of Divorce Financial Analysts
- RICP® (Retirement Income Certified Professional®), a designation granted by the American College, Bryn Mawr, PA
- CLTC® (Certification in Long-Term Care), a designation granted by the Corporation for Long-Term Care Certification
- FIC (Fraternal Insurance Counselor), a designation granted by the Fraternal Field Managers’ Association
- LUTCF® (Life Underwriter Training Council Fellow SM®), a designation jointly granted by The College for Financial Planning® a Kaplan Company and the National Association of Insurance and Financial Advisors (NAIFA
- National Association of Insurance and Financial Advisors (NAIFA)—National Quality Award*
- NAIFA Leadership in Life Institute (LILI) certification
*The NAIFA Quality Award provides financial professionals the opportunity to demonstrate a commitment to excellence through performance, professional education, and industry service. For more information, see: https://tdc.naifa.org/nqa
Education and Experience
- FINRA Series 7 General Securities Representative
- FINRA Series 66 Uniform Combined State Law
- Life & Health Insurance License in FL, IA, IL, MT, and NY
- Alumnus, St. Ambrose University, Davenport, IA
- Thrivent Financial professional since 2013