About Matthew Claus
Giving Back - It Matters
- St. Paul’s Lutheran School – Board Member
- Grace Place Wellness Ministries - Board Secretary
- Financial Supporter and Fundraising Committee Member for Fellowship of Christian Athletes
- Continually supporting Wings of Refuge – A group supporting Survivors of Sex Trafficking
- Strong Supporter of Humanitri – An organization helping homeless children heal and thrive
- Supporting Lutheran Senior Services and Lutheran Family & Child Services
- Supporter of Salvation Army and St. Jude
Education & Accomplishments
- Bachelor of Arts in Behavioral Science & Law from the University of Wisconsin – Madison
- FINRA Series 66 Uniform Combined State Law
- Life & Health Insurance Licenses
- FINRA Series 7 General Securities Representative
AWARDS and RECOGNITION
- Premier Practice Leaders Group - Diamond-Level; Recognizing leadership excellence in sales and service to members
- Peak Performers' Conference - Pinnacle Council 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020: The Peak Performers’ Conference is a sales and service conference recognition for Thrivent
- Million Dollar Round Table; MDRT is an industry honor based on sales excellence, outstanding client service, ethical conduct and professional knowledge.
- NAIFA Quality Award winner; The NAIFA Quality Award provides financial professionals the opportunity to demonstrate commitment to excellence through performance, education, and industry service. For more information, see: www.naifa.org/membership/awards/quality-award.
- 2021 Five Star Professional Award. For additional disclosures and methodology on this award, please visit https://fivestarprofessional.com/Search/Index?r=STL&p=WM
Meet My Team
Gateway Financial Group
ChFC®, FIC, LUTCF®
Kari joined Thrivent over 20 years ago. She has a BSBM with an emphasis in Finance from Mizzou. Go Tigers! Kari enjoys getting to know her clients and their families on a personal level to help create a financial strategy that is sustainable and geared towards their individual values and beliefs. For the past 15 years, she has specialized in helping individuals with their Medicare decisions by presenting their options in a clear and understandable way.
Kari and her husband, Jason, both come from large families and have 6 children of their own. They love having family dinners with the whole crew and are always looking for a new game for family fun night. Kari and Jason enjoy volunteering together with the Boy Scouts and at Salem Lutheran Church where they attend
Rachel has worked in the financial industry for the past 6 years. She joined Gateway Financial Group in 2020. Her passion is to serve our clients in a caring, efficient, and timely manner. Clients love working with her because of her extensive financial services knowledge and her willingness to go the extra mile. She is a key member of our team as she manages our calendars, administrative tasks, client services and so much more. Rachel really shines in making sure that the day to day functions of our practice serve our entire Gateway Financial Group family.
Rachel and her husband Nick recently moved to O’Fallon, MO with their 3 dogs from Denver, CO. They have a passion for fostering shelter dogs and taking hikes in the Rocky Mountains.
Practice Support Associate