Get to Know Me
I first began working in the financial industry in 2000, joining Thrivent in early 2004. Working in the field of financial services, my priority is to continue growing my depth of knowledge, having earned the CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ certification in 2012. As a Financial Consultant, I particularly enjoy working with couples and individuals to determine their personalized course of action in preparing for their "golden years" in retirement.
My beloved wife, Kathy and I happily reside in Plymouth, MI. Aside from my professional career, I enjoy spending time outdoors cutting firewood, gardening and making Maple Syrup.
Education & Accomplishments
- B.A. Northwestern College 1987
- M. Div. Wisconsin Lutheran Seminary 1991
- FINRA Series 07 General Securities Representative
- Life & Health Insurance and Annuities Licenses.
- RICP ®
- CLTC ® (Certified in Long Term Care ®), a designation granted by the Corporation for Long Term Care Ceritification.
- CFP® (Certified Financial Planner ®), a certification granted by the CFP Board, Washington, D.C. (Certified Financial Planner Baord of Standards Inc. owns the certification marks CFP® and CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ in the U.S.). For additional information of this designation visit: https://bit.ly/354E7Zl
- CLU ® (Chartered Life Underwriter®), a designation granted by The American College, Bryn Mawr, PA.
- 2013 - 2020 Five Star Professional Award recipient, as announced in Hour Detroit magazine and the Wall Street Journal. For additional disclosures and methodology on Five Star Professional’s 2020 Five Star Professional award, please visit: https://bit.ly/3k6IWW0
Finding Fulfillment and Joy in Your Golden Years
What can you expect of us?
We strive for an enjoyable environment, in order to engage you in a collaborative experience to discover & grow your personal financial confidence, security, and well-being.
Meet My Team
Pathfinder Financial Consultants
For over seven years, Laura has worked as a Thrivent Office Professional. Laura has a Bachelors from Cleary University. She also holds Life, Health and Annuities license.
Laura has lived in Livonia for over 20 years and has strong ties to Lutheran churches and schools.
Insurance Support Associate
- (734) 455-9272
As a digital marketing specialist, Whitney prioritizes developing and executing digital strategy for Jay Kempf and the Solid Rock Advisor Group. She is responsible for planning, building and implementing digital marketing campaigns across multiple channels and social media platforms. Whitney’s primary focus is to increase awareness about the Solid Rock Advisor Group, our brand, services and product offerings through email marketing and social media channels.
Newly married, Whitney and her husband, Ryan, alongside their English Cream Golden Retriever, Memphis Belle, happily reside within the tri-city region of North Carolina. Formerly from the Buckeye state and graduating from The Ohio State University with a Bachelor of Arts degree in journalism, Whitney met Ryan through their unique passion of competitively showing quarter horses. Whitney is an active advocate and supporter of various not-for-profit organizations.