In 2009, after a 34 year career as a manager in government, I knew that God was calling me for a change. I wasn’t really sure where I was being called but I knew that there were a couple of conditions that I needed to meet. Whatever I did had to be service oriented and edifying to God.
At first I was leaning towards becoming a lay minister in the Church. However, after prayerfully considering it, it was clear that that was not where my particular skill set was. So, I began considering the gifts God has given me.
Nancy, my wife, and I had owned a couple of businesses for the past 15 years and I enjoyed dealing with the financial and managerial responsibilities. I also found that helping my colleagues and friends through the maze of issues to consider when retiring from government was extremely rewarding for me.
Having become a member of Thrivent when it was Lutheran Brotherhood more than 40 years ago it occurred to me that this is where I could use the talents God gave me. Helping my brothers and sisters in Christ manage their financial assets wisely and prepare financially for the future greatly appealed to me.
An organization made up of Christian members was a perfect pairing for my Christian calling and my talents It was and remains the perfect fit!. So, I retired from the Federal Government and I joined Thrivent in 2009.
It has been an incredible blessing to work with such a great organization and to feel part of every member’s family. I love where God has placed me to serve with Thrivent and look forward to working within the organization for many years to come.
Education and Accomplishments
- M.B.A., City Univ. 1985
- B.S. Biology U. Mass. 1975:
- FINRA Series 7 General Securities Representative
- FINRA Series 66 Uniform Combined State Law Life & Health Insurance License in AL, DC, FL, GA, IO, MD, TX, VA.
- ChFCr (Chartered Financial Consultantr), a designation granted by the American College, Bryn Mawr, PA.
- CLTCr (Certification in Long-Term Care), a designation granted by the Corporation for Long-Term Care Certification.
- LUTCFr (Life Underwriter Training Council FellowSM), a designation jointly conferred by The College for Financial Planning and NAIFA.
- RICPr (Retirement Income Certified Professional), a designation granted by the American College, Bryn Mawr, PA.
- Million Dollar Round Table (MDRT is an industry honor based on sales excellence, outstanding client service, ethical conduct and professional knowledge.)
- Member, National Association of Insurance and Financial Advisors
- National Association of Fraternal Insurance Counselors, Quality Award (The NAIFA Quality Award provides financial professionals the opportunity to demonstrate a commitment to excellence through performance, professional education, and industry service. More information about this recognition can be found at www.naifa.org/membership/awards/quality-award.)
- . Volunteer for Habitat for Humanity.
- Member of Trinity Lutheran Church in Delray Beach where I currently sing in the choir and serve as Elder.
- Volunteer at the Red Cross Pheresis donor program.