About Gary Mcgovern
As a Financial Associate with Thrivent Financial, I am a Fraternal Insurance Counselor with Series 6 and 63 licenses. I am able to offer individuals, families, and businesses assistance with life, health, disability, and long-term solutions. I also offer mutual funds, annuities, and associated products. We help folks prepare for retirement, college planning, estate strategies, and education on financial products and services. I have been a Thrivent member for over 30 years. The opportunity to help Christians help themselves and others through education, strategic thinking, and living generously is truly exciting each and every day. I have been blessed to be born and raised in the Tyrone area of central PA, raising my family in the same community where I was raised. I love to garden, hunt, fish, and participate in the local community and church activities, including being a youth advisor for the past 40 years.
Helping people in Tyrone & Blair County
- Sponsor largest E Coast 3-on-3 basketball tourney-funds Joshua House Christian youth cntr
- Primary sponsor annual Miracle League Day at Altoona Curve Stadium (handicapped children)
- Sponsor of local CROP Walk, benefitting both local and world hunger causes
- Assist local food banks through Thrivent Action teams, expanding our generosity
- Involved with local ministerium, helping community churches to give back to communities
- Regularly present workshops on various financial topics in several communities
Local Choice Dollar recipients include: Samaritans Promise (assist those in need in Tyrone area, firstname.lastname@example.org), Tyrone-Snyder Public Library, and First English Lutheran Church (Tyrone).
Education & Accomplishments
- FINRA Series 63 Uniform Securities Agent State Law Exam
- FINRA Series 06 Investment Company/Variable Products Limited Representative
- Life and Health Insurance Licenses
- Penn State University Engineering Degree