About Erica Cantrell
I am a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ and have been with Thrivent for over a decade. I knew at a very young age that I wanted to follow in my father’s footsteps and do work that positively impacts the lives of others. I can’t imagine doing anything else. I love helping guide people through the complexities of preparing for retirement. Accumulating wealth and developing a retirement income plan are two very different areas of planning. I specialize in distributing wealth in a tax-efficient manner. I want my clients to have a sense of assurance that they will not outlive their money by developing a plan to help ensure a successful retirement. I am driven by my passion to make a meaningful impact in the lives of those around me, and I take great pride in my work. I am also committed to continually developing my skills and expanding my expertise to serve my clients better.
I was raised in Vacaville and love to give back to this community. In addition to my role as a financial consultant, I also serve on the board of directors as the Administrative Coordinator for the Vacaville Christian Ministry Association (VCMA), an organization that is very close to my heart.
I am also very passionate about traveling and being outdoors! I am very fortunate that my sister and brother-in-law share my love of adventure and we have visited several National Parks together. My goal is to visit every single one in the US! The Narrows in Zion still is my absolute favorite hiking spot.
I also spend quite a bit of my free time studying or listening to financial podcasts. I truly enjoy what I do and the more I can expand my skillsets, the more value I can provide for my clients.
Education and Accomplishments
- CFP® (CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™), a designation granted by the Certified Financial Planner Board of Standards, Inc.
- ChFC® (Chartered Financial Consultant®), a designation granted by The American College
- CLU® (Chartered Life Underwriter®), a designation granted by The American College
- CLTC® (Certification in Long-Term Care ®), a designation granted by the Corporation for Long-Term Care Certification
- BFA™ (Behavioral Financial Advisor ™), a designation granted by Kaplan Financial Education
- FIC (Fraternal Insurance Counselor), a designation granted by the Fraternal Field Managers’ Association
- FINRA Series 7 General Securities Representative
- FINRA Series 66 Uniform Combined State Law
- Life & Health Insurance License in CA, ID
- Bachelor’s Degree: Double Major, Economics & Psychology from Chico State, 2013
- I was an original co-founder of the crew team at Chico State and enjoy cheering them on at local regattas
- I was featured in Thrivent's national magazine, the Spring 2021 issue, in an article titled "Women & Money"
Capitol Corridor Group of Thrivent
We believe that having a great relationship with your team of financial professionals is a key component to a successful financial journey. Through the dedicated financial planning process, we strive to simplify complex concepts and strategies. Educating our clients is important to us because we want to help bring clarity and confidence to your financial picture. We want to help you make financial moves that lead to less stress and a more meaningful and full life.
Our practice includes:
- A team approach with financial guidance based on your values and goals.
- Multiple financial professionals who specialize in different areas of dedicated financial planning.
- A focus on income protection, retirement accumulation and income strategies, wealth management, estate strategies, college planning, tax efficient strategies, and charitable giving strategies.