Education & Accomplishments
- CPA (Certified Public Accountant), credentials awarded by the State Board of Accountancy of the State of Minnesota
- FINRA Series 7 & 66 • CPA*• CRPC
- Bachelor of Arts degree in Political Science from the University of Colorado in Boulder and a Master of Science degree in Accounting from New Hampshire College
- Past-President of the St. Charles Library Board and spearheaded the library expansion and modernization project
- Served as an officer in the United States Marine Corps from 1985 to 1992
- *Not a practicing CPA and cannot provide tax or accounting advice or services. Thrivent and its affiliates are not CPA firms.
My wife, Leah, and I are parents to four amazing young adults, one wonderful daughter-in-law, one awesome son-in-law, and a very cute little white dog. New for 2023, we are also grandparents to the most beautiful granddaughter and cutest little grandson ever (OK, I'm a little biased).
Prior to joining Thrivent in February 2023, I was a financial advisor for nineteen years in a practice affiliated with Ameriprise and then with Focus Financial. Before starting my career in financial planning, I was a CPA in two different public accounting firms for seven years specializing in individual and small business tax planning and preparation and I still maintain an active CPA license. Though Thrivent prohibits its advisors from preparing income tax returns, my past tax experience gives me a uniquely qualified perspective on financial planning.
After 17 years working in the local school system, Leah is starting a new chapter of life as grandma-daycare provider for our granddaughter. I’d say both grandma and granddaughter are blessed by the arrangement!
Leah and I love to hike and are discovering the joys of empty nest-hood and of being grandparents. We are members of Pleasant Valley Church in Winona, Minnesota. In my free time, you’re likely to find me riding my motorcycle on southeast Minnesota’s winding county roads and trails or kayak fishing area lakes or the Mississippi River.