About Chanelle Braekkan
My husband Kristian and I moved to MN 11 years ago from the state of Virginia, we now reside in North Mankato with our 2 ½-year-old daughter Ava. Kristian works at the Region Nine Commission as a Senior Regional Planner. We have two dogs, Angie and Capote, and five cats that complete our household!
I was born and raised all over the United States as my father was in the Army and Kristian, Ava, and I try to get to Norway every other year for a few weeks to visit Kristian’s family as his family lives in Norway where Kristian was born and raised. In my free time I enjoy spending time with my family, cooking, and running— I picked up running about 10 years ago and now I’ve run the Mankato Half-Marathon eight times!
Giving Back to the Southeastern-Minnesota Community –
- St. Peter Lions Club Secretary
- Volunteer at Thrivent Action Teams
Education and Accomplishments –
- FINRA Series 63 Uniform Securities Agent State Law Exam
- FINRA Series 6 Investment Company/Variable Products Limited Representative
- Life and Health Insurance Licenses
- Bachelor of Science in Business from Virginia Polytechnic Institute & State University
- CLTC® (Certification in Long-Term Care), granted by the Corporation for Long-Term Care Certification
- FIC (Fraternal Insurance Counselor), granted by the Fraternal Field Managers’ Association
- RICP® (Retirement Income Certified Professional®), granted by the American College, Bryn Mawr, PA