About Chad Durgin
I'm proud to be a Thrivent financial professional. Since 2003, I provide personalized financial guidance to people at all stages of life. At Thrivent, we view money not as a goal, but as a tool — one that can afford you a life rich in meaning and gratitude. We believe humanity thrives when individuals make the most of all they've been given. I'm here to help you do just that.
- I received my CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ (CFP®) designation. This means that I take a holistic and personalized approach to bring all the pieces of your financial life together.
- My Retirement Income Certified Professional (RICP) designation means that I will help guide retirees and near-retirees in ways to use the assets they have accumulated for retirement to live comfortably within a realistic budget and not run out of money prematurely.
- My Fraternal Insurance Counselor Program (FIC) designation means that I was trained to explore a client's needs using a consultative approach and I have enhanced knowledge of Thrivent's insurance products.
Outside of work I enjoy spending time with my wife Kara and my two children. Hiking, mountain biking, reading, sport tournaments and traveling fill up our weekends. Sunday mornings you will typically find our family serving and attending Eagle Brook Church in Rochester.
Education & Accomplishments
- BA from St. Olaf College
- MA from Saint Mary’s University
- CFP®: CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™
- RICP: Retirement Income Certified Professional
- FIC: Fraternal Insurance Counselor
- FINRA Series 7
- FINRA Series 66
Young Life-Currently serve on the Rochester Young Life Board, and helped to bring Young Life back to Rochester in 2020.
Check out their website here:
Inheritance of Hope-Volunteer on Legacy Retreats to help young families going through the loss of a parent.
Check out their website here:
Eagle Brook Church Rochester-currently serve on our set-up/tear down team, but have also served in greeting and hospitality teams.
Check out their website here: https://eaglebrookchurch.com/location/rochester/
Our office uses Action Teams to support local causes like the Felidae Resource Room at Willow Creek Middle School in Rochester.
Meet My Team
Jodi is a Practice Support Associate and has been with Thrivent since 1999. She enjoys working with Financial Advisors to help assist in meeting their clients needs. Throughout her years of experience, her top priority has always been to provide exceptional and friendly service to clients. Jodi works remotely from her home in southwest Minnesota. She and her husband Greg have 3 grown daughters Madison, Sydney and Ella. In 2022 they were blessed with their first grandchild. Outside of visiting their kids they love to spend time with their dogs and work on projects around their acreage.
Practice Support Associate
- 1 (507) 227-4880
Josie recently joined our team as an office professional and is helping greet clients, prepare cases, schedule appointments and more. Outside of work, she enjoys taking road trips with her dog, Shell.
Insurance Office Professional
- (507) 424-2336