About Brian Jones
I started with Thrivent as a representative in February 1, 2002. Since then, I have gone through extensive training to obtain a number of designations in order to better serve my clients in reaching their unique goals.
- I received my CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ (CFP®) designation in 2007. This means that I take a holistic and personalized approach to bring all the pieces of your financial life together. Click Here to see a digital copy of my CFP® certification certificate .
- My Retirement Income Certified Professional (RICP) designation means that I will help guide retirees and near-retirees in ways to use the assets they have accumulated for retirement to live comfortably within a realistic budget and not run out of money prematurely.
- My Fraternal Insurance Counselor Program (FIC) designation means that I was trained to explore a client's needs using a consultative approach and I have enhanced knowledge of Thrivent's insurance products.
I grew up in Southern Minnesota and I graduated from Mankato State University. I married my wife, Stacey Edwards Jones, in 1998. She is now the owner of her own business, Jones Law Office, in Mankato, MN. We have two children, Chance and Shelby. When I am not enjoying my time at the office with my associates and clients, I love to spend time with my family and friends, attend my children's activities, and someday hope to play golf again.
Education & Accomplishments
- Minnesota State University, Mankato
- CFP®: CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™
- RICP: Retirement Income Certified Professional
- FIC: Fraternal Insurance Counselor
- Multiple State Licenses: CO, FL, IA, MN, MO, SD, WI
- FINRA Series 7
- FINRA Series 66
Our office makes an effort at least twice a year to give back to our community.
During the last week of June up until the annual St Peter 4th of July Parade, our office and many volunteers collect cash and food donations to benefit our local St Peter Food Shelf. We collect donations in our office ahead of time, but then we also put together a decorated float with a Truck and Trailer to be in the parade. We are commonly heard and noticed since we are always pushing shopping carts that our local Family Fresh store generously allows us to use. We have been doing this since approximately 2012 and since then we have collected over $12,000 and 2,100 pounds of food!
Pictured to the right is our office with our many volunteers from the parade in 2021.
Then during the beginning of December, we assist the Holiday Sharing Tree with our annual "Fill the Window with Gifts of Love" campaign. Our goal in this event is to collect as many gifts and toys as we can in our display window. The Holiday Sharing Tree then distributes what we have collected to those in need in Blue Earth and Nicollet Counties.
Pictured above is our collection results from 2018.
Meet My Team
I have been an associate with Thrivent since 2011 and have worked with Brian Jones, Certified Financial Planner™ professional and Retirement Income Certified Professional for that duration.
I am married to CJ and we have two boys, Theo and Max. We live in Kasota, Minnesota and enjoy spending time with friends, fishing, boating, playing hockey and baseball.
See my website at https://connect.thrivent.com/kayla-siewert
- State(s) Licensed
- IA, MN,
- (507) 934-5304
I was born and raised in North Dakota on a family farm and then moved to Minnesota in 2006. Through my high school years I Represented the Belle Plaine MN community as their 2016-2017 BBQ Days First Princess. In 2018 I welcomed a puppy into my home which has been a great addition. In my free time I like to cook and bake, clean, be outside, and spend time with family and friends.
Although I recently started with Thrivent in March 2020, I have already obtained my Life, Health and Accident license in Minnesota. I am eager to continue studying for additional licensing and gain experience in this field.
Insurance Office Professional
- (507) 934-5304